A Monday Motivation from the Sea!

This weeks Monday Motivation is made possible by Jon Berenguer-Webb and his Rashaar!

We’ve previously shown Jon’s work which is always outstanding and this week we’ve got some Blood on the Water Rashaar. The Feral Besiegers have crawled out of the sea and arrived in Venice. All of his Rashaar are painted with naturalistic colour palette in mind which Jon does as he reckons a Magi would take pleasure in manipulating the Mediterranean sea life into abominations.

Starting with the Cymothoan Crusher, Jon said the following:

”My Cymothoan Crusher has been modified to look more like a Moeche – Italian soft shell crabs often found in the canals. There’s a great line in the new Blood on the Water book about how the “serene plains were a trap, with various creatures lying in wait to attack.” and that inspired me to make it look like it had just risen from a rock pool or the bottom of a canal! As well as re-sculpting the fist to look like a crab claw I’ve added flock, static grass, some moss pads and used some cotton wool pulled into fibres to create seaweed, and added all of these over its shell and claws”.

As you’ll be able to see from the images, Jon has created a truly unique miniature which look amazing on its hand-made base. For us here at TTCombat, the seaweed was the best addition. Additionally Jon’s creativity doesn’t stop with the Crusher.  He’s also tackled the Hellhounds and Bulbous Toad.

Our initial thoughts of Jon’s hellhounds were that they looked more like shrimp like than wall scrabbling predators and With this in mind, Jon said the following:

”My Hellhounds are based on Italian Canoce, or Mantis Shrimp, so have a bright pink look, and the Bulbous toad is based on the colours of the European toad with plenty of uhu glue and UV resin used for saliva!”.

We loved the water droplets falling off Bulbous Toads body in addition to the large glob of glue in running from  its mouth. Jon’s work is always painted up to a high standard so we we’re more than happy to see him add his renowned water bases to the miniatures.

Thanks for all of your hard word work Jon!

If you have a project you want to start or add to your tabletop setup. Then make sure you head over to the TTCombat webstore for a wide range of miniatures and scenery. If you have anything of ours that you’d like to see featured as a Monday Motivation post. Please send us some photos to info@ttcombat.com

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

%d bloggers like this: