WIP Zone Wednesday

We have a full-on Dropzone week this week, and that includes WIP Wednesday!

Today I’ve been tasked with a little painting, so I thought I’d take the chance to show my progress.

Dropzone Commander is getting a massive restock at the end of the week, and as with all our restocks that means old models coming back and some new alternative units to go alongside them as well!

This is the first piece I was given to paint. I know what it is, and what it does. But I’m not telling! This isn’t that kind of article.

After a short while, I got it painted. It’s a bit of a weird shape and pattern. We’ve seen similar things before, but never anything exactly the same as this. What do you think it is? Keen-eyed Dropzone veterans might recognise some of the dimensions and detailing. Get guessing!

I was also presented with these Shaltari. A whole bunch of Ronin, standing in a row(nin). These were actually painted in the updated colour scheme by Don, and he did a fantastic job on them. We’ve been updating colour schemes on the Dropzone miniatures bit by bit for a while now. You’ll see a lot more updated minis on Friday, although not all of them – we’re still working through some.

I was given these Ronin in order to base them. I always get basing duty, I think I must have done something bad in a past life.

Using Vallejo’s Thick Mud you can get a great tarmac texture at 10mm scale, and from there it’s just a few greys, brown washes, and some details before they’re done.

It’s not just me that’s been painting Dropzone though…

Fin has also been very busy! He’s been updating schemes and painting new variant models too, like these two Scourge Arthropods. Who knows what they do? Well – again – I do. But I’m not telling! We’ve definitely seen similar wings to that before though, right?

That’s all for today! We’ll be back on Friday with the full run-down of restocks, new models, and all sorts of new rules. So if you’re dying for some Dropzone, it’s going to be a good week!

Oh one last quick note! In preparation for our restocks, you’ll notice that a lot of the Dropzone range has disappeared from the webstore. They’re not gone forever or anything, that’s just in advance of the restocks coming in. Don’t panic!

One Reply to “WIP Zone Wednesday”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *