We know Pierrot likes to blend in but this is ridiculous!

Everybody likes to forget about Pierrot and yet he seems to have been paying attention to the concealment artist, Liu Bolin.

Carnevale is a fast-paced narrative miniatures game set in Venice which more and more people are playing. This isn’t really anything new and yet recently we’ve seen something that we’ve never seen before in the game. Welcome to this week’s Monday Motivation and today we wanted to have a look at some of Jon Berenguer-Webb’s recent work. Known mostly for his amazing customization of miniatures in the Carnevale universe, Jon has continued this trend with Pierrot.

Spot Pierrot! He’s lurking somewhere…

Do you ever feel invisible to the world? Do you often have a blank expression on your face that nobody understands? Finally, do you enjoy popping up out of nowhere? If the answer to these questions is YES! Then you might be a Pierrot. The Everyman of Carnevale is often forgotten by the citizens of Venice but in their defence, he does blend in so well!

Inspired by the Chinese visual performance artist, Liu Bolin, Jon has blended Pierrot into the background quite literally. Using chameleon-like methods to blend into any environment like Liu, this collection of Pierrots have adapted to their Venetian backdrop. The brickwork and moss look fantastic and you really have to look closely to spot the above characters feet since there so well blended.

Some Pierrots really don’t like being so invisible to the world and like the chap above, they attempt to ‘branch’ out! Hilarious I know. But seriously, this has to be my favourite of the three. Looking almost impaled with a protruding branch, the first time I saw this miniature all I could think of was, Vlad would be impressed!

Finally, there is meant to be a third Pierrot lurking around somewhere but we haven’t been able to spot him yet.

Thanks for sharing your work with us Jon!

That’s it for this week’s Monday Motivation. If you have a project you want to start or add to your tabletop setup. Then make sure you head over to the TTCombat webstore for a wide range of miniatures and scenery. If you have anything of ours that you’d like to see featured as a Monday Motivation post, then send us some photos to info@ttcombat.com

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

%d bloggers like this: