WIP Wednesday – Doctors are making a MANTICORE!

Until now the Manticore was a mythical beast of legends from the far east until now…

The hidden library found in the Doctors Ospedale is filled with centuries of knowledge but sometimes myths provide greater inspiration. During the Renaissance, an explosion of culture surrounding mythology was explored through artwork, music, and literature. Logically the next step would be to bring myth to reality correct? This is what the Doctors would have you believe. Welcome to this week’s Work in Progress Wednesday and today we’re taking a look at an ongoing Carnevale project.

Manticore

”Lord Bishop, I have completed the task you outlined for me most gracious of masters. Whilst it proved unwise to attempt reaching the good Doctors operating theatres, I stumbled across their library. As your most blissful holiness ‘CORRECTLY’ predicted very wisely I might add, the Doctors are heretics! I enclose the above sketch as gods and of course the faiths proof.”

Stolen by an Inquisitorial Spy working for the Vatican, it seems the Doctors are working on some kind of monstrosity. A human head has been grafted on to a mutilated hybrid body. A pumas body, legs and tail have been fused with the back and spines of a porcupine. This hybrid beast couldn’t possibly live? Perhaps the most alarming part is the exposed metal skeleton and why would anyone want to add ”Bigger Paws” to such a monster.

Luckily this is just the doctors testing their sketching abilities as they wouldn’t tarnish the City of Venice with abominations.

That’s it for this week’s WIP Wednesday. If you have a project you want to start or add to your tabletop setup. Then make sure you head over to the TTCombat webstore for a wide range of miniatures and scenery. If you have anything of ours that you’d like to see featured as a Monday Motivation post, then send us some photos to info@ttcombat.com

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

%d bloggers like this: