Work Painting Contest March 2023!

Ladies and Gentlemen, the TTCombat staff have been at it again painting miniatures!

Sometimes when working for a miniature company, you can find it difficult to get some primer on minis and paint on brushes. Honestly, I’ve not painted a miniature in months but thankfully, my colleagues haven’t stopped and this week we’re looking at their recent contest minis. As a quick reminder to anyone not in the know, every few months we have a staff painting contest to compare notes, tips and of course flex our creative muscles. Additionally, the bragging rights are pretty sweet if you win. This month’s contest revolved around painting a single TTCombat miniature.

Jay – WINNER

Its a little suspicious that the new head of Design & Resin won the first painting contest of 2023 so we’ll look into that. But it also might have something to do with the Common Strigoi. Looking ready to walk into the Vatican and cause all sorts of trouble for the Bishops, this Strigoi oozes confidence. The paint job is fantastic (to be expected from badcompanypainting) and we’re fans of the custom base, even if it is 3d printed.

Aaron 

”It’s Christmas time there’s no need to be afraid” –  Highborn Servant. Its not fair to say that this miniature looks like she skinned a Christmas Tree but I couldn’t help it, sorry Aaron. Named ‘Strigoi wear more than red’ I quite like the idea of this miniature and its always nice to see people move away from the factions established colour scheme. The golden skulls look great and there is something uneasy about her eyes…

James

‘Hello Beastie’ or something along the lines of that! Whenever a Morgraur appears along the canals of Venice, it is soon followed huge levels of destruction. Really the tax payers should speak to the City Guard about hunting down this monster once and for all. James has done a great job painting up this Classic Morgraur released last year. The green body is keeping it in tone with the rest of the Rashaar whilst James has done a really good job on the monstrous claws with yellow aged areas.

Tom

Morgraur’s are really getting out of hand in Venice. So not only is a Classic Morgraur running around the city, but now this beastie is slithering through the streets. Broken beams and cobblestones are around the beasts body but I can’t stop focusing on the creatures teeth! Theres just something so horrible about decaying teeth. A fairly similar paint job to our studio miniature, the darker tones and streak down the monsters forehead is a nice idea.

Mark

Time for a Vampire and not Strigoi for a change! Mark decided to paint and enter a real old TTCombat miniature into this recent painting contest. The Vampire Countess is a great fantasy miniature and its nice to see it in use. Im a big fan of the flower hilted sword and the addition of the skull to the base. The burgundy armour looks great and it be nice to see Mark paint up some more fantasy miniatures.

Laura

Now this is something! A towering Desert Titan in servitude to Anubis, this miniature was painted by past contest winner Laura. Glittering in gold bright enough burn my cornea’s when photographing this miniature, its covered head to toe shining plated armour. Painted in a very similar way to the studio version on Max Mini, I really like the richer tone of purple used for the loin cloth.

Mat R

Finally, is anyone in the mod to wrestle the ‘Cornish Pounder’… Thats right folk, this is what a life time of pasties will do to you! Based of the Ogre from RUMBLESLAM’s Heavy Pounders, I’m a big fan of the use of Cornwalls National Tartan colours. black & gold. Mats done a solid job on this brutes skin tone with clear definition around its tree trunk sized arms!

Thanks for joining the contest guys!

That’s it for this week’s Monday Motivation. If you have a project you want to start or add to your tabletop setup. Then make sure you head over to the TTCombatwebsitee for a wide range of miniatures and scenery. If you have anything of ours that you’d like to see featured as a Monday Motivation post, then send us some photos to info@ttcombat.com

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

%d bloggers like this: