Limited Edition Miniature Winner!

Welcome to a different kind of TTCombat Article as we won’t be having a WIP Wednesday today. Instead, we are celebrating the winner of our recent contest.

Last month we held a painting contest and were blown away by the entries. Seriously we really can’t stress enough how impressed we have been with everyone who entered. Therefore we WILL be doing this again in the future but anyway, it’s time to hand out the bragging rights… Paul Baugh has claimed the prize.

The Paladin of St Lazarus

Pretty impressive right! Our Design team loved how much work Paul has done to create this Paladin’s look. Firstly the level of detail in the smaller sections of miniature such as the chain mail where you can clearly see the individual links. Secondly the cloak, cloth and armour plates have noticeable highlights and have been weathered/damaged, (Hopefully through battle). And finally, the base! We love a Carnevale miniature on a water base but we haven’t seen a decaying body floating through the canals before.

Whilst I’ve tried to ‘big up’ Paul’s work he was incredibly humble when I contacted him and was happy to share a little bit of his process,

”When you announced the competition I was very excited as I had just brought the Knights Hospitaller box set and fell in love with the Paladin of St Lazarus. Painting the miniature I wanted a veteran of the Malta war against the Rashar so decided on a aged weathered look to the model. Rusted armour with a verdigris finish compliments his red cloak. I spent a while working on his face using a paler skin tone and tried to make him look older and grizzled. His base was made after I had finished painting him and built it up with green stuff and water effects”.

Paul is a worthy winner but we can’t stress enough that it was an extremely hard decision to make. In fact we wanted to announce the winner on Monday but needed more time to deliberate amongst ourselves. As previously stated we WILL be holding another contest in the future and hope to see more Blood on the Water miniatures.

If you have a project you want to start or add to your tabletop setup. Then make sure you head over to the TTCombat webstore for a wide range of miniatures and scenery. If you have anything of ours that you’d like to see featured as a Monday Motivation post. Please send us some photos to info@ttcombat.com

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

%d bloggers like this: