Dropzone Commander – Danger Close 3 paint jobs!

The vast battlefields of Dropzone Commander are always dangerous but more so when these commanders are around.

Is there anything quite like a tabletop filled with beautifully painted miniatures? We know the Commander-universe is meant to be a horrendous place filled with awful aliens and suffering humans but just look at these miniatures. Today, we wanted to just cover SOME of the amazing paint jobs at the event because wow!

Scourge

Now, who doesn’t like a battlefield filled with some beautiful Scourge forces! We know these guys are technically one of the big bad guys but if we could look this good, we’d let a parasite infect our brains any day. This paint scheme looks to be inspired by our studios but with some nice differences. Personally, I love the less metallic and more matte finishes on the vehicles especially the Harbinger. If you adjust your eyes you’ll also see some vibrant Razorworms including one which looks like a milksnake!

Finally, it be rude not to highlight those bases! Whilst we do favour the clear acrylic on our miniatures so we can see the board/mat below, I LOVE THE ROAD SECTIONS! This is a great Idea so well done to you commander.

PHR

The saviours of humanity and followers of the White Sphere don’t always need to be off-white. I said it and I’m not taking it back. Can we all appreciate how amazing my boys (yes they are my favourite faction) look in purple. The Scourge can move over and make way for the rightful rulers of the galaxy, the PHR. Here at TTCombat we’ve not actually seen a lot of PHR painted in purple but after this army we hope to see some more. Vibrant and bold, I’d jump into that Scorpion any day and lead earth’s rightful rulers to victory.

Remember commanders,  in ancient times the colour purple was reserved for rulers and kings! The PHR name their forces after mythological beings like Zeus and Heracles so use more purple.

UCM

My friend and yours, the UCM are here to protect, serve and re-conquer the galaxy (so long as the PHR is done with it). Clearly inspired by the mostly forgotten pre-scourge invasion organisation known as NASA, this commander is diving into the past to inspire humanity’s fighters. Honestly, this is a simple but great scheme for the UCM. From the pictures I think they’ve used transfers from a different kit for the NASA logo but if im wrong and it’s free-hand then please forgive me. Either way, great job commander and everyone here at TTCombat hopes to see more of your work.

Sorry if we didn’t mention your army but if you want us to discuss it then fear not!  All you’ve gotta do is email info@ttcombat.com with your pictures and a little description about your work and we’ll aim to cover it.

TTCombat wishes to say a HUGE thank you to Firestorm games for holding the event in their store. Also, we need to thank Bottom of the Barrel for being generous enough to host the event. Make sure you check out their YouTube channel HERE.

If you have a project you want to start or add to your tabletop setup. Then make sure you head over to the TTCombat webstore for a wide range of miniatures and scenery.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *