Dropzone Commander Contest Monday Motivation

We’re starting the week with yet another Monday Motivation dedicated to our amazing TTCommunity.

Way back in February the renowned community champion (Not his words), Michel ran a Dropzone kitbash contest. Unfortunately, only two people finished their miniatures, maybe the White Sphere didn’t like this happening… But the two who finished did a great job! Therefore, Michel asked for them to be shared here!

We’ll start with Janusz from Poland with his firetruck.

Janusz

I love the ”repurpose” vibe of most of the Resistance units, from Gun Technicals and Battle Buses to giant Breaching Drills and Barrel Bombers. Kalium-version units are looking more strict, but when I saw the Kalium Battle Bus for the first time, I had only one thought – “Fire Truck!”. And when kitbash competition was announced I went into building the ultimate Fireman Sam fantasy. I was thinking about making the fire truck clean and crisp, but the “dirty rebel” look was way too tempting. Although I chose the colourful, pre-invasion set for photoshoot, as I love to mix both dedicated combat scenery with improvised boxes and blocks of various materials and shapes.

Janusz, Wrocław, Poland

Thank you Janusz for taking part!

Next is Angus, who picked a Ferrum to deck out. Combining Dropzone and Dropfleet parts.

Angus

”I love the Ferrum drone base model, so I kind of decided from the start that it was going to be the base for my conversion. A disused Perth laser, a couple of the remote bomb panels from the kalium battle bus and assorted other bitz later, and here we are”.

”I figure that as UCM forces push into the heavily defended cities of fallen Earth, they would encounter more large-scale Scourge constructs (and behemoths!) And would need some serious firepower to deal with them. So, the Ballista heavy laser carrier was born. By filling the drone hangers with batteries and capacitors, and emplacing an up-scaled version of the Marksman laser, the UCMA now have a way to crack heavily reinforced buildings, and deal with super heavies, even without Behemoth support”.

Angus of Scotland.

Thank you Angus for entering the contest!

Michel will be running future events in the Dropzone and Dropfleet Commander Community pages which can be found on Facebook.

That’s it! Thanks for sharing these with us guys and we hope you continue to paint up some TTCombat products. 

If you have a project you want to start or add to your tabletop setup. Then make sure you head over to the TTCombat webstore for a wide range of miniatures and scenery. If you have anything of ours that you’d like to see featured as a Monday Motivation post. Please send us some photos to info@ttcombat.com

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

%d bloggers like this: