Monday Motivation – TTCombat Staff Contest

On this weeks Monday Motivation we are highlighting some of our employees recent work in a Movie themed painting contest.

Matt:

Kicking off with the winner of the contest being Matt’s awesome Waaarrior conversion ‘Predaaator Waaarrior’. Firstly the base is well designed and has a lot of elements such as the broken branches and stones.

Matt remarks ‘ As someone who is new to the hobby I found this project both challenging and engaging as I had to essentially learn how to paint and sculpt with green stuff. Along the way I picked up loads of new skills and techniques that I would not have had a chance to learn if it wasn’t for the competition, although for me this project was tough I had so much fun coming up with ideas on how to make Waaarrior look even more awesome. Cant wait for the next competition!

Laura:

Secondly, in no particular order, we have a miniature from Black Friday, the Halfinator H-400 seeking John Connor by Laura. There is so much stuff going on with this display so lets start with the miniature. Laura has done a great job painting up her first miniature with extra detail paid to the Motorcycle. Additionally she has built the Alphabet Tenements which contains a hidden speaker playing the iconic theme from the 1991 film.

Mat:

FREEDOM! The Halfling Braves and their Goat Riding leader have decided to march south in Mat’s entry. These Braveheart inspired gents look fantastic in blue battle paint. I love the savagery on display and the rocky terrain is a great touch to the diorama.

Chris:

Chris has created rather a discharged scene with his Jackass inspired Portable Toilet miniature. The brown residue leaking from the door doesn’t leave anything to the imagination and the stains upon the grass only add to the mess.

Tom:

The TVA can’t contain Alligator Loki and neither can his painter, Tom. With Golden Horns, Loki looks lush and Tom has done a nice job painting over the mechanisms attached by the Carnevale Doctors gang.

Andrew:

Inspired by Quo Vadis this Gladiator themed creation from the Charismatic Halfling Adventures looks inspired in grey tones. Andrew has done a fantastic job creating a truly unique diorama inspired by Enrico Guazzoni 1913 film. I love just how different this creation is and Andy makes great use of the TTCombat Halfling range as drunken spectators.

Richard:

Finally we have a huge entry by Richard who has taken so much time to build this, Assassins Creed themed tower and miniature. Based of the San Geremia Tower and a Capodecina, Richard has spent hours creating his entry. I love the small details on show such as the individually painted roof tiles. Aguilar de Nerha preparing to leap from atop of his perch looks great and the circling eagle is a nice touch.

Thanks for entering the contest guys! Their next competition will be starting soon and will go on for two months and this time they have free reign to paint what they want! We’re looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with!

If you have a project you want to start or add to your table top setup, make sure you head over to the TTCombat webstore for a wide range of miniatures and scenery. If you have anything of ours that you’d like to see featured as a Monday Motivation post, please send us some photos to info@ttcombat.com.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

%d bloggers like this: